Monday, September 27, 2010

My Public Apology

This morning, on my way to work with my bike, I've accidentally and unintentionally hit front-left bumper of a red, old Kancil with reg no BGU 2877. It happened at Chinese's Pasar Pagi near tu Balai Polis Kepong. If I'm not mistaken, the road's name is Jalan Kepong Utama. The road is best known for busy, jam-packed daily morning market which made the pathway a bit narrower, thus maneuvering motorcycle will be put at its highest skills, for specky, single-eye user like me.

After I hit, I just stopped my bike a bit because I thought it banged a bit loud. I saw a crack hole in front of the car's left bumper. After taking a glance view & thinking for a while, I decided to just proceed to work but some guilt had redirected me back to the hit spot. I rode my bike, make a turn to another route and went back to that busy road. I tried to find the car. I wanted to apology.

The events kept replaying in my mind during my search. Actually at first I'm riding behind him. Then cars started to move slowly, giving me chance to increase my speed. Then I thought I've rode at the left side of the driver when the car started to turn left. I believed I've evasively left-maneuvered my bike after realizing that the care have not given the left signal. I didn't know where the driver wanted to go; to park at the left car park or to turn left. Suddenly the ramming happened with with quite a bang sound. I'm not so sure either my bike's exhaust had smacked the front bumper of that or that car had collided with my exhaust. Nevertheless my exhaust was left intact.

After I found the car which was parked properly in front of the front-most shop lots, I waited for a while, hoping to meet the driver. Yet after 6 to 7 minutes, I decided to go to work.

Here, if it's considered my fault I'm so sorry and I wanted to apology. If not, just let it go by itself...

Allah the Almighty, thanks so much to let both of us safely uninjured. For those who drove the car, or knows who's the car driver, or knows the car, I'm in the full of hope that this sincere, humble apology will echo in your sight/heart/hearing/sense. Please send my best regards to the driver.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the true story... i hope the driver will accept the fate and not continuously blaming the "mysterious" attacker... haha.. dun worry.

Maybe next time, after hit the car,u should leave some note on the victim car..

"Please contact me, i hit your car, i'm sorry,i'll repay it for you-from 019xxxxx" haha..

Teku said...

Thanks.

Leaving your own phone number nowadays seems to be costly. It's even more dangerous than accidentally hit a car...